Nonimmigrant Visas Temporary Workers Change of Status
Family Visas Permanent Workers Adjustment of Status
Religious Visas Green Cards Citizenship

Home       About Us       Resources      Free Consultation      Contact Us   

Professional Workers (EB3)

A petition for this classification must be accompanied by evidence that the person holds a BA degree or foreign equivalent and that the person is a member of the professions. A person qualifies as a skilled worker if the job requires at least 2 years experience. A labor certification is required.

Applying for the EB-3 Visa

An application for the EB-3 may be filed after the Department of Labor has approved the labor certification. The petition must also include documents showing that the employer has the financial resources to pay the offered wage; at a minimum, it must be the prevailing wage. The petition must also document that the position is within the preference category sought. Finally, evidence must be submitted that the alien meets the job requirements, such as a copy of a bachelor's degree or evidence of work experience.

To file for an EB-3 visa as a professional, an individual must hold a US bachelor's degree or its foreign equivalent. Can an individual substitute work experience for education when applying as a professional? No. While the CIS considers a profession to be a field requiring a minimum of a bachelor's degree, an individual need not have a bachelor's degree in the field in which he or she is offered employment.

Client Login     CIS Forms and Fees     CIS Processing Times     Visa Bulletin     Consultation and Fees     Disclaimer

©2007, The Law Offices of Seth W. Spellman, III. All rights reserved.