Nonimmigrant Visas Temporary Workers Change of Status
Family Visas Permanent Workers Adjustment of Status
Religious Visas Green Cards Citizenship

Home       About Us       Resources      Free Consultation      Contact Us   

Skilled Workers (EB3)

The minimum requirements for this classification are at least two years of training or experience. It is important to remember that it is the position that requires 2 years of training or experience. The petition must be accompanied by evidence that the person meets the educational, training, or experience as outlined in the labor certification.

Note that virtually any professional who may not be classified in the professional group because he or she lacks a degree will be able to qualify as a skilled worker.

Applying for the EB-3 Visa

An application for the EB-3 may be filed after the Department of Labor has approved the labor certification. The petition must also include documents showing that the employer has the financial resources to pay the offered wage; at a minimum, it must be the prevailing wage. The petition must also document that the position is within the preference category sought. Finally, evidence must be submitted that the alien meets the job requirements, such as a copy of a bachelor's degree or evidence of work experience.

Client Login     CIS Forms and Fees     CIS Processing Times     Visa Bulletin     Consultation and Fees     Disclaimer

©2007, The Law Offices of Seth W. Spellman, III. All rights reserved.